Celebrate 816 Day in Kansas City
816 Day: A chance to celebrate Kansas City and everything it has to offer.
Join the KC Downtown Neighborhood Association, along with plenty of local partners and participants, on Wednesday, Aug. 16 for a full calendar of festivities dedicated to the City of Fountains.
Head to the City Market for one of the day’s signature events hosted by KC Streetcar and Art in the Loop. A lineup of live performances that range from samba to circus acts offer the perfect way to wrap up the day. 5:30 to 8 p.m.
All throughout the day, swing by these destinations for parties and special offers of all kinds.
- Strang Chef Collective: Breakfast specials to celebrate 816 Day at Lightwell. 8 to 9:30 a.m.
- Garment District (8th & Broadway): Garment District Grooves concert featuring Billy Ebeling. 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Café Corazón: Free salsa dance class from Aládùn Dance Company at the Crossroads location. 3 to 5 p.m.
- Power & Light District: 816 day happy hour at PNC Plaza. 3 to 5 p.m.
- J. Rieger & Co.: Live music from The Vincents along with Shop Local Kansas City and other local vendors. Plus, $8.16 drinks. 5 to 8 p.m.
- DoubleTap KC: $8.16 cheeseburger and fries. Plus, all local beers for $4.
- Guy's Deli: One-topping, 10-inch pizza for $8.16. And plan to stick around in Westport for more specials of all kinds.
- McLain’s Bakery: Plain and Simple breakfast sandwich and a drip coffee for $8.16. Or, snag a dozen cupcookies or a half dozen butter rolls for $8.16.
Leading up to 816 Day and all day long on Wednesday, the Downtown Neighborhood Association and area partners are also hosting 816 Day Scavenger Hunt Bingo. Visit participating Downtown locations to fill your card, then present your card in the City Market on Wednesday evening for your chance to win prizes. No purchase is necessary to play.
Of course, the celebration doesn’t end with these events. You never know what special occasion you’ll stumble upon next—keep an eye on the #816Day hashtag all week to see what other pop-up parties and special offers can be found.
816 Day is brought to you by the KC Downtown Neighborhood Association, the Downtown Council of Kansas City, KC Streetcar, City Market, Art in the Loop, Power & Light District and the River Market Community Association.