Great Ways to Watch and Experience the Kansas City Chiefs in the Big Game
With the Kansas City Chiefs making their triumphant return to the big game for the first time in 50 years, local football fans are sure to be fired up for the event. Don’t miss a moment of the historic action by enjoying area watch parties and getting loud at sports bars throughout the metro.
As more events are announced, this page may be updated accordingly. Go to VisitKC.com/Chiefs for a full listing of partner big game events and related content.
City-Wide Watch Parties
Recently named one of Lonely Planet’s best sports bars for watching the Super Bowl, the Power & Light District excels as fanhood central during big-time sporting events such as World Cup matches, World Series baseball matchups and Big 12 Championships.
Gear up and get loud at P&L’s KC Live! Block, the open-air courtyard that regularly hosts hundreds to watch games on its 39-foot-wide, 17-foot-tall LED screen. The family-friendly party begins at noon and is free to attend. Count on live music all day, hot beverages and cold drinks available for purchase, plus heaters to keep you warm and plenty more.
For full details, including parking, age restrictions and more, go to powerandlightdistrict.com.
Sports Bars and Gathering Places
- No Other Pub: Find this spacious recreation destination overlooking KC Live! Block in the Power & Light District.
- Westport Ale House: One of the preeminent watch spots for sports fans in Kansas City, located in the heart of Westport—and home to a must-see Mahomes mural.
- Chicken N Pickle: Spend the day in North Kansas City by playing pickleball and watching the Chiefs face off against the San Francisco 49ers.
- Johnny’s Tavern: Join the crowds of Chiefs faithful no matter where you are in the metro, because there’s probably a Johnny’s nearby.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: Kelly’s is a timeless gem—KC’s oldest bar, in its oldest nightlife district. Don’t miss it.
But not every game-time destination need be a sports bar. Try this collection of other great places to watch the world championship:
- Char Bar: What goes better together than Chiefs football and barbecue? Post up at Char Bar for incredible burnt ends and gameday views.
- Parlor: Choose from several different dining concepts at Parlor, a hip, two-story food hall that also features two full bars and other fun.
- Minsky’s Pizza: Kansas City’s hometown pizza parlor is the ideal setting for a big game setup. Try the South Plaza location for a retro atmosphere.
- iTap: Dozens of craft beer taps and TV screens—plus ample space in the Crossroads Arts District—make iTap a must-try during the game.
Watch Parties and Events
Special Deals and Discounts for the Big Game