Visit KC distributes information about area events to tourists, local residents, convention delegates and the media.
Inclusion of events on VisitKC.com or “The Weekender” is not guaranteed and is based on space available. Events sponsored by members of Visit KC are given first priority. Follow the instructions below to submit your event(s).
Visit KC Members - Event Submission
If you are a member of Visit KC, we encourage you to visit our Member Extranet to submit your information. This unique "Member Only" area allows you to quickly and easily update your information for Visit KC materials, such as special offers, publication listings, events calendar and key organization contacts.
To submit an event via the Visit KC's Member Extranet, go to VisitKC.com and click on “Members/Partners.”
- Enter your user name (which is your e-mail address) and password.
- If you have forgotten your password click on “Forgot Your Password.” One will automatically be e-mailed to you.
- Once logged in, under “Manage Your Profile” (right hand side of the page), select “Add/Delete Events.”
- Then select “Add New.” Enter your event information and then click “Submit.”
- Once you hit submit it will be sent to the Visit KC for approval.
- If approved your event will appear live on VisitKC.com within 24 hours excluding weekends.
Become a Member of Visit KC
Are you in interested in becoming a member of Visit KC? Here's how to get started. Fill out our membership request form. Or you can send an e-mail to Karen Myer at email@example.com with the following information:
- Brief description of your business
- Contact name
- Business name
Open to the Public Events - Event Submission
Visit KC encourages non-members to send us event information to be included on VisitKC.com. Event submission must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Sponsored by a major sponsor
- Supported by City Funds
- Public Attendance must be 100+
Visit KC will not publish the following events:
- Panel Discussions, Book signings or Lectures
- Sign-up or enrollment request/Tournaments
- Religious Events
- Team Building events
- Fund Raisers
- Brunch or Happy Hour Events
- Speaking engagements/Seminars
- Summer camps
- Home tours
Fill out our event submission form, and submit your event to be listed.